Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sweeva.com

I signed up for this site on a whim, and expected to be either mildly unimpressed or totally turned off to it within a few seconds, and to be honest, I still don' know whether I like it or can't stand it. One the one hand, your site gets to be viewed and commented on in real time, by real people. On the other hand, there is an astronomical amount of things you have to do before you reach the aforementioned point, including:

referring a certain number of people
tweeting a certain number of times about sites
tweeting once about sweeva.com
viewing the site of the day a certain number of times
something called toolbar loyalty (???)
about five more things I can't be bothered to go check right now

You can avoid having to do all of these things by paying money of course, but that's not how I do things. I realized as I was typing this that sweeva.com feels very much like world of warcraft in a few ways, namely the experience point system and largge amount of stuff to do at any given time, and that's a turn off for me, because I don't have the time to waste on mmo's. On the plus side, I do get to make snarky remarks about the often buzzword laden funnel pages that get shown almost constantly. It's a tradeoff I guess, I say check it out if you want, but if it starts sucking up all of your time, then run away and don't look back.

My face when the site told me I had leveled up

No comments:

Post a Comment